Monday, January 7, 2013

11 Flowers



I haven't had the chance to catch up on foreign films and the best time to catch them was in the in-flight entertainment. With the major list, I've selected a China-based theme (actually based on my oriental trip) and chose 11 Flowers after watching its trailer.

The show is a coming of age movie during the cultural revolution. I believe the movie was filmed in a way that it should not disclosed about the revolution as China is being restrictive of it. So, it showcases through the innocent life and eyes of an 11 year old boy.

Life then was quite simple and very routine based. The main center of the show is actually a shirt which gelled up many events. The plot may be slow but it's quite charming how the story progresses.

My curiosity grew more about China after the show. Plus, I've just returned from Beijing and my interest grew more. Kept me wanting to unfold more of its country. I should have paid attention during history class.

Ratings:

No comments:

Post a Comment