Sunday, January 20, 2013

Dredd

"I'ram duh Law!" was the phrase I remembered of watching Sylvester Stallone's Judge Dredd. It's time for another remake of old classics.

I didn't really get the story for the original Judge Dredd and the latest Dredd has no relation to the original. Throughout the whole movie, you won't be able to glance at the face behind the helmet.

The 3 main characters of Dredd are MaMa, Judge Anderson and Judge Dredd himself, all played by actors whom I can't place the previous role, while watching the show. Upon writing this, I read that they were from Games of Thrones, The Darkest Hour and LOTR respectively.

Dredd sets in a post-apocalyptic era where Judge are the law-enforcers and executioners. While checking the crimescene at a slum tower Peach Tree, both judges were locked in the 200-storey tower facility where they uncovered a gang and narcotic facility. The main villain is a calm yet psychotic MaMa who flushes out the whole tower of separate gangs. Now she's in control of the Peach Tree.

Great actions and gun fights but the story went on mediocre. Can't really say it's great and I enjoyed it but it is a great action movie to start my a home-movie marathon.

Ratings:

No comments:

Post a Comment